Classes & Programs
Classes For All Levels
Gracie Jiu Jitsu is a proven, effective form of self defence. You will learn the same techniques that are taught to the U.S. Army, FBI, Secret Service and many other elite military and law enforcement agencies around the world. With 95% of all streetfights ending up on the ground, Gracie Jiu Jitsu’s focus on grappling on the ground makes it the best martial art for self defence.
The Introductory Class is a specific class for who has never trained Jiu Jitsu before.
One of our coaches shows the basics of Jiu Jitsu to a group of maximum four people in a 30 minutes session.
After the Introductory class you will have a basic understanding of what’s required in a class situation, which will give you the confidence to join the Fundamentals class.
Our Fundamentals Programs is made to cover all the basic techniques of Gracie Jiu Jitsu. It will easily take you to the next level on a simple and fun way. Frequent practice is essential if efficiency is to be gained in the Fundamentals Class. The key to learning Jiu Jitsu is repetition. The ultimate goal is to condition your sub-conscious with Jiu Jitsu techniques so that you can automatically react in a critical situation.
Come and try it for free, just contact us and book your free introduction class with our friendly staff, we are sure that you’ll love it!
After being awarded with the 3rd stripe of the white belt, the student will be able to attend the Intermediate Program, with the option of continuing the Fundamentals Program in parallel. This is the most exciting part of your training.
Attempting to submit your training partners as they resist and counter act with their own moves is as real as it gets! You will drastically improve your conditioning, strength and confidence.
You’ll drill and work with more experienced students, benefiting your learning journey. In addition to moving up in rank and making a big progress towards mastery of the art, this will give you the experience necessary to enter the Black Belt Program.
After completing the Fundamental Program, students have the opportunity to participate in the Gracie Jiu Jitu Advanced Program. In this program you will learn new techniques and combinations while refining your current skills.
The Advanced Program covers all aspects of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, including:
Self defense – advanced counters to attacks.
Sport Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – competition-style Jiu Jitsu including throws, reversals, escapes and submission holds.
Submission grappling – similar to Sport Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but trained without the traditional gi (called no-gi competitions).
Mixed Martial Arts – The modern version of “Vale Tudo” (Anything Goes) or “No Holds Barred” fighting.
Gracie No-Gi Class
Our Gracie No-Gi classes include both sections for adult Beginners as well as Intermediate and Advanced students. Our No-Gi program covers all the important elements of grappling without the gi in a fun, safe and cooperative environment.
Techniques covered include: takedowns, self-defence, wrestling, footwork, locks and submissions. Required uniform for this class is Gracie Sydney grappling shorts and a rashguard. Mouthguards and headgear are recommended and can be worn if you so desire.
Women’s Only Self Defense
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is the perfect self-defense system for women.
If you’re unsure about learning BJJ for fear of injury, embarrassment, or any other reason, then our Women Self Defence program is perfect for you!
If you’ve tried BJJ at another school and had a negative experience, give us a chance, and we guarantee it will win you back to the mat!
Kids Teens & Toddlers Classes
Ages 13-16, this class is designed to bridge teens into our Adult BJJ Programs smoothly by giving them all the skill and knowledge to succeed in their Jiu Jitsu practice.
The focus of these classes is building confidence and learn Jiu Jitsu in a fun and safe environment.
• Learn Self Defence
• Learn self-discipline and build confidence
• Respect for instructors & peers
• Learn competition style Jiu Jitsu
• Developing listening, obedience and focusing skills;
• Improving social skills;
• Improving self-control, respect and discipline;
• Increasing physical attributes such as hand-eye coordination, strength, agility and flexibility.
• Fundamental & advanced techniques
• Competition & situational training
Divided into classes for ages 6-8 and 9-12, the Kids program focuses on Fundamentals of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, self-defence, and skill development through fun games, techniques, and sparring.
Increase general Jiu Jitsu understanding / Develop understanding of basic jitsu concepts
- Learn Self Defence
- Improve movement, coordination and agility
- Learn self-discipline and build confidence
- Respect for instructors & peers
- Developing listening, obedience and focusing skills;
- Improving social skills;
- Improving self-control, respect and discipline;
- Increasing physical attributes such as hand-eye coordination, strength, agility and flexibility.
- Overview of all positions and situations
- Beginner and fundamental techniques
- Explanation of core concepts & ideas
- Coordination drills & interactive games
- Exploring core concepts & ideas
- develop all aspects of training for Kids in Martial Arts; both physical and mental
Ages 3.5-5, focuses on Motor and Social Skills through basic movements, coordination drills, and fun skill oriented games.
• Learn self-discipline & build confidence
• Respect for instructors and peers
• Improve coordination and agility
• Beginner Jiu Jitsu techniques
• Coordination drills & movements
• Explanation of core values
• Develop all aspects of training for kids in martial arts; both physical and mental.
Gracie Sydney and SRG Thai Boxing give the opportunity for our members to combine Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai training on both academies through a Membership COMBO plan.
Your First Class is on Us
We offer a free first class for kids and adults every day at Gracie Humaita in Alexandria. If you are an adult or a teen who has never trained Jiu Jitsu before , we recommend the Introduction class followed by Fundamentals. Watch the introduction Video with Professor Bruno Panno.
Gracie Jiu Jitsu
Monday: 10am – 8:30pm
Tuesday: 6:30am – 8:30pm
Wednesday: 6:30am – 8:30pm
Thursday: 6:30am – 8:30pm
Friday: 10am – 8pm
Saturday: 9:30am – 1pm