We wish to communicate on updates regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
As the situation is unfolding both globally and locally, we continue to monitor all government advice and take precautionary and reactionary actions based on this.
In line with the Federal and State government advice as at 11th March 2020, we request that all Members, families, children, team members and visitors to Gracie Humaita Sydney abide by the following quarantine requirements:
- If you have left or transited through mainland China in the last 14 days, you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of leaving mainland China.
- If you have left or transited through Iran on or after 1 March you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of leaving Iran.
- If you have been in close contact with a proven case of coronavirus, you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
- If you are returning from Italy or South Korea you should monitor your health for the next 14 days.
In addition to the above, we also have the following measures in place at Gracie Humaita Sydney:
- Any member, showing signs or symptoms of any illness or infectious disease (Including but not limited to; fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting and other flu-like symptoms) should not enter the Academy until symptoms resolve and as per our current policy and procedures.
- Any confirmed case of Novel Coronavirus will be excluded from training until they are medically cleared to return to the Academy.
- For any member or child who is present with flu-like symptoms whilst in Gracie Humaita Sydney’s care; will be asked to vacate the Academy Immediately or family members will be contacted to pick up their child as per our current policy and procedures.
- If you have concerns regarding your own or your child’s health, please seek medical advice.
As a recommendation from Gracie Humaita Sydney in accordance with advice from public health experts; please maintain high Hygiene practices.
- Frequently clean hands using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover the nose and mouth with elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and/or cough.
- Avoid placing fingers or hands near mouth and eyes.
The coaches and staff are monitoring the wellbeing of students whilst classes are in session. Vigorous precautionary health standards are in place at the Academy. Surfaces are being disinfected and cleaned daily during non-training hours and the mats bleached again at the conclusion of classes.
As always Gracie Humaita Sydney will ensure safe practices are followed, including an increased focus on members and childrens’ handwashing procedures, hygiene, monitoring of general health and wellbeing.
You can find more information and the latest government advice regarding Coronavirus on the Department of Health’s website:
As always the health and wellbeing of members and children within our care, their families and our staff is our highest priority.
We appreciate your support as we continue our focus on this.
Gracie Humaita Sydney