Our Beginners program teaches the most important techniques of Gracie Jiu Jitsu in a fun, safe and cooperative environment. You can start the program at any time and participate in any beginner’s class without previous experience.
The Beginners Program covers the most important aspects of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, including:
- Warm ups and drills – both solo and partner exercises safely taught to prepare students for their physical training.
- Self defense – effective counters to the most common attacks such as punches, kicks and headlocks.
- Ground grappling – the fundamental attacks and defences for ground fighting.
After being awarded with the 4rd stripe of your white belt, the student will be able to attend the Intermediate Program, in parallel the student will be still able to continue the Fundamentals Program. This is the most exciting part of your training. Attempting to submit your training partners as they resist and counter act with their own moves is as real as it gets! You will drastically improve your conditioning, strength and confidence. You’ll drill and work with more experienced students benefiting your learning journey. Besides moving up in rank and making a big progress towards mastery of the art, this will give you the experience necessary to enter the Black Belt Program.
- Pre-Requisite Courses: 4 Stripe White Belt
- Uniform: Gracie Jiu Jitsu Gi
After completing the Fundamental program, students have the opportunity to participate in the Gracie Jiu Jitu advanced program. In this program you will learn new techniques and combinations while refining your current skills.
The Advanced Program covers all aspects of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, including:
- Self defense – advanced counters to attacks.
- Sport Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – competition-style Jiu Jitsu including throws, reversals, escapes and submission holds.
- Submission grappling – similar to Sport Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but trained without the traditional gi (called no-gi competitions).
- Mixed Martial Arts – The modern version of “Vale Tudo” (Anything Goes) or “No Holds Bar” fighting.
Jiu Jitsu Sydney
Jiu Jitsu Sydney